Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day 8

What a wonderful day I had today. It was another one where I took it easy. But in the evening I went out to my friend's house for tea. We have a ladies' group that meets Wednesday nights, and I since I've  been elected to school board, I'm usually only able to attend 1 or 2 times per month. Now that we're on summer break, I should be there every Wednesday. It was our first get together of the summer, because Canada Day fell on a Wednesday this year. The 6 of us had a lovely visit, and one of the ladies brought candy from her recent road trip... a mixed container of huckleberry flavoured treats - mints, gummy bears, taffy and jelly beans. I tried the gummy bears, and didn't like them. Not soft & gummy enough for me; more like jujubes. The jelly beans were delish, though, if a bit too sweet. 

Today's card is another oldie. I have no idea when or where I made it. I'm only just seeing, as I look at the photo, that I'll have to trip the end a bit, and fix the middle ornament.Very odd... I'm admittedly someone who doesn't always get things perfectly straight, but I usually notice when this are as askew as this one! 

This set is retired, but it's one I expect I'll keep forever. I absolutely love it. What interesting is it took me quite a while to notice it. I especially love this colour combination. It's a little atypical for Christmas, but it's not weird, either. These are definitely my colours.. I love bold jewel tones. 


Card Details - All Products Stampin' Up
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Inks: Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Ornament Punch, Border punch

No comments: