Thursday, March 24, 2011

Housewarming card...


Last Sunday we had a little surprise party for Pastor Chelsey, our new associate pastor. She's found her own place, so Care and Fellowship decided to throw a housewarming for her. I actually made the card last Thursday - two great friends came over and had a card making morning, as we all needed cards for this event. I find cardmaking so much more fun when a group of us gets together and bounces ideas around.

The way part of the card came about was a happy accident. My first dilemma was that I really didn't have any stamps - or so I thought - that were really 'housewarming' themed. Then I found my All God's Children set in my stash of stamps I brought down and noticed the cute little house stamp. I am not sure I had ever inked it up prior to making this card.  I think I had forgotten about it because I purchased this set for Children's Ministry - birthday cards for the children who attend and Christmas cards for our leaders. I love it when I can find a way to use a stamp differently than I had originally intended.

I first planned this card to be vertical rather than horizontal  and then I decided I liked it better this way. The first brads I tried were too big for the holes, so I was pleased to find smaller ones in my stash.  I am absolutely in love with my SU punches... they punch so easily. I still have trouble lining things up sometimes - you can see one or two spots where the holes are off... but I can live with that. I say it gives it character.

The one change I will make when I CASE this card for a Christmas card (and probaby a few birthday cards, too!) is that I will round the corners on the pink mat, too... maybe even the top green corners, as well.

Overall I am still happy with this card as an example of CAS/quick card making.

Stamps: All God's Children  (SU)

Ink: Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Paper: Certainly Celery cardstock (SU), Penny Lane patterned Paper (My Mind's Eye)*
Accessories:  Brads, adhesive, pop dots/3D Foam (Misc.) eyelet border punch, corner rounder (SU)

9 comments:

Alli said...

Super cute card!
I have that set too and NEED to use it!
TFS!

Becky said...

Very pretty..

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful! Love that paper!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a sweet housewarming card! I love the mix of colors and patterns you used. The little brads are a fantastic touch! I'm sure she loved it! :)

Cheryl said...

Super cute card!~

Jennipher said...

I think it came out perfectly for the occasion. We always forget how many stamps we have don't we?

Jessy said...

beautiful card for housewarming someone. love it :-)

Heather B said...

CUTE card!! Love it!1

Nancy B said...

Hey Thanks for stopping by my blog. I feel ashamed I haven't stopped by yours.

I will be back again and again. I LOVE your blog. You have wonderful cards and photo's listed here. I need to take the time to read and look more often.

Plus I need to add you to my blog site.