Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 9

Well, today was a mixed bag. On the one hand, on Thursdays I get my favorite home support worker who does my laundry. Of all the HSWs I've had, she's one of the two best I've had, ever. And the smoke is gone! Or at least if it isn't, it's faded to the point where it's no longer noticeable. So that makes me very happy.

The bummer about today was that I did not get to see my niece. My mom called when I was out last night. He made arrangements to take her for a play date at a friend's house. The weather is pretty warm so she got to go in the little kiddie pool they have. She was so excited she barely touched her breakfast. Anyway, the friend was only available in the morning, so they had to leave right after they ate. My only worry is I wonder if she'll take a step back and start making strange with me again. She was just starting to get comfortable yesterday.

The other bummer about today... I did NOT use my time wisely. At all. Like, I can't even tell you what I did today. I played games on Facebook. I read multiple threads about local political issues. That is pretty much it. I'm at the point where I think I'll have to ask my cousin to come over and supervise me so I get off my lazy butt and clean my kitchen; it's rather pathetic, but I swear, I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to cleaning up clutter.

I love today's card. It's not perfect - there's a snowflake missing - but I have a sentimental spot for it in my heart regardless. When I say there's a snowflake missing what I mean is, when I made it, there were five. There was a small one in between the top right and centre left. It fell off and refused to go back on now matter what I did. So I gave up. It's hard to tell - I couldn't get great light to photograph this one - but there are little dots of pearl pen in a few places, and the 'Let it snow' is embossed. The snowflakes are convered in Inka Gold.






No comments: