Monday, December 23, 2013

Day 22 Happy birthday Mom!

Today (the 22nd - as I edit this, I'm realizing I got distracted - stupid Facebook games! and didn't finish this post before midnight) is my mom's birthday. My folks, me, my cousin & her family, & my aunt/uncle all had coffee and cake here. It was very nice. For some reason, however, I'm utterly exhausted. I had plans to bake tonight, but I was not in the mood. It will keep until tomorrow. I think I will have to skip the chatter tonight and get straight to a card.

Tonight's card is for the latest challenge (#151) at Less is More. This week the challenge was to go back through the list of previous challenges and choose one to try now. I often dislike these challenge, as it can be a pain to go back & check out the past challenges. LIM has a link right at the top, so it was easy. The hardest part was narrowing down my favourites. I can see myself coming back to the list on days when I need a creative spark. I choose #43, A Bit of Bling. I can't help it; as time has gone on, I've grown to really love bling. Rhinestones, pearls, Stickles, glitter... you name it, I like it! Today I stuck to rhinestones.


I've been perusing the Stampin' Up Carry Over list from the Holiday catalogue. You can find it here. My link is to the main site, though I don't live in the US. If you also live in another country, use the drop down menu to find the right one. For things like this, where I'm not concerned about the price, I just want to see what's new, I tend to just stick to the default site. As is far too often the case with me, the things that have been carried over are all items I love and have already purchased. With the exception of Joyful Christmas (the poinsettia set), none of the items I was still pondering are being carried over. The bad news is, the longer I see samples of the poinsettia stamp, the more I'm thinking I like it. The really bad news is that the Expressions dies (the word above) are growing on me now that I've played with them, and they are NOT being carried over. I really, really want those dies! Isn't that always the way?! That said, they are a little finicky, and they'd likely drive me nuts after too long. I think I'll just stick to asking to  borrow them from someone who has them periodically.

Card Details - All products Stampin' Up.
Cardstock:  Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink: Island Indigo
Stamps: Wonderful Wreath
Other: Pretty Print Embossing folder, rhinestones, Expressions Thinlits die

No comments: