Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 20 Another all white card...

Well, it finally happened. We got snow overnight. Woke up to a world of white. It kept coming down periodically until, I'd say, around 1 p.m. I was nervous because a friend and I had plans to go to dinner and do our gift exchange. I talked to my friend at 10 a.m. and all was fine. Our parking lot was plowed, the snow was stopping and all was well. By noon, things had changed again. You can't tell in the picture, which I took from inside the door (through the window - the building you see isn't mine, it's another one of the 5 on the property) , but there were BIG, fluffy flakes coming down. Luckily, it stopped about 45 minutes after that and by the time I was to go out, it was fine again. Slushy, wet, and cold, but not unsafe to drive, at least to where we were going, as it's on a main road.
I spent the day at home waiting on pins and needles for a big Stampin Up order to arrive. It wasn't all my stuff - our demo was going away so I said it could all be sent here. Usually when I get deliveries from the courier, it comes early in the morning. It wasn't here when I left at 3:30. It arrived at around 4:15, and luckily, my sweet neighbour agreed to take the package. As long as you leave them a note on the door, they'll do that, at least here. I'd tried to call earlier to check when they  thought they'd arrive, and... HA. It is impossible to get through on the phone. I'm glad it worked out, because I was not looking forward to having to wait until Monday, or worse, having to track down a mis-delivered package; they have sometimes brought stuff to the wrong building and it can be a pain to track it down.

In honour of today's lovely weather, I give you a card I made a few Mondays ago, at the final Coffee & a Card day of 2013 at the local stamp store. They punched the leaves, cut the ribbon, and ran the paper through the dies for us, so it was just a matter of putting it together. 


Here is what you see when you open the door. I'm not sure why it was suggested we stamp the inside before we put the card together. At least for me, in retrospect it would've made more sense to wait, so I could be really sure where the score line for the door would hit. The stamping is done on a separate piece. The snow was made with liquid applique, glitter, and, I think, some kind of glue. I don't remember who makes these dies, but if anyone has questions, I can easily find out.


1 comment:

kel Acopan said...

cute tania! i love the door idea... stay warm!

lovies, =o) kel