Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holiday photos

Friends and I are trying to do the Project 365 idea of taking least one photo a day - 365 photos in a year. I wasn't able to take any the first couple days, because my memory card was full and my SD card reader wasn't reading.

Given that reality, and give that today was a pretty low key day, I have decided that rather than boring the blogosphere with the minutae of it, I will share some photos of the Christmas season... and yes, I'm counting them as Jan 1-3. It's my blog and I'll cheat if I want to.

Let's start with Ladysmith Light Up. I got to hold the Olympic torch. It was very cool.



As I wrote in this post, my cousin stayed over night the first weekend in December. It's become a bit of a tradition; she's 11 now and we've been doing it for at least a few years, so her parents can attend a Christmas party out of town. It'll be a bit bittersweet when she's too old to need an adult to stay with her overnight.

Here's  photo of the cookies boxed up to takie home:
As you can see by the cookie on the bottom left, we had some extra candy left at the end. The kit actually came with 8 cookies but 2 broke, and it didn't occur to either of us to glue 'em back together with icing. We were too busy scarfing down the broken cookies... they don't have calories, ya know...

The leftover icing did go to waste (I am officially old; I couldn't eat my share of the plain icing), so next time if we have breakage, we'll piece 'em together with icing and make zombie Gingerbread Men. Complete with red food coloring for blood.

I may break one or two on purpose just to watch my girl get creative. Mwah ha ha.....

Please note four of the six remaining cookies did make it into the take out boxes to go home for the week's lunches... Mind you, next year we'll need bigger boxes. These didn't close.


The week after our girl's weekend, I helped my favorite 11 yr old and her mom have a Christmas party for her and 10 of her school friends. The hilight was the Dora pinata. The girls were greatly psyched to be able to 'beat the crap out of' her. I have to admit responsibility for putting that idea in their heads; at a previous year's Halloween party I mentioned that I bought a sun shaped pinata (which I decorated with a scary face) because I could find no pumpkins. I said something to the effect of it being that or Dora, and really, I didn't think they'd wanna beat up Dora. Well, that got their mischevious little 11 yr old minds working, and in the end, this was all that was left of poor Dora.


Note the designs the girls put on her face before leading her to her doom...

The whole crew, in a moment of calm before we dove into crafting....
This photo is from the the Singing Christmas Tree event here in town. Every year I think I'll take a break and not go. But I always do go and I always enjoy it.

My friend Janna and two of her beautiful daughters... the mom, dad (who was camera shy) and the 3 girls came over on Dec. 19th to help me start my Christmas tree decorating.
The two oldest girls in front of the tree... it's not quite fully decorated yet, but we're going to leave some for the children coming on the 20th...
Silliness ensures...


A Boxing Day visit from Ashley, Kailan and little Ryilee, daddy's little girl...

My wonderful sister in law on Christmas Day...

The way to my little brother's heart, at least for me, is via comic book....
My cousin Jade (r.) and her friend at the skating rink on Dec. 30th. It was $1 admission and free skate/helmet 'rental'.

All in all, a December to remember! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!












1 comment:

Darcy said...

Great photo's T!
I'll have to get the ones from the 20th to you soon... oops!