Sunday, December 13, 2015

Three challenges...



I am definitely starting to feel some Christmas spirit. Yesterday I did some volunteer work with a local agency in the morning. I got to relax in the afternoon, which was nice. We had TERRIBLE weather yesterday so I got drenched just getting out of my car & into my apartment. I needed the time to dry off and warm up. 

We had our church Christmas dinner last night. Between that, helping at the Christmas Closet last Tuesday, and finishing my tree, I feel ready. I even found my mom's gift - she's the hardest to shop for. 

Today was low key. I've got two versions of one card to share today. I'm entering my version in three challenges, as follows: 

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C315 - Oh Christmas Tree
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Jean's Masculine CAS challenge
CASology: Tree

Like my snowflake card from my last post, these were kits my friend put together. The first one I did exactly as she made hers.


Then for the challenge I made some changes. I flipped the patterned paper over, altered the orientation, and as you can see, chose a different sentiment stamp. Were I not aiming for a somewhat masculine feel, I might have added a bit of bling in a few spots on the flowers (by the word little in the greeting).


Card Details - All Products Stampin' Up
Cardstock: Mossy Meadow, Very Vanilla
Ink: Mossy Meadow
DSP: Home for Christmas? 
Stamps: Cozy Christmas
Other: Tree Punch

9 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Your patterned trees are so delightful, Tania! What fun holiday cards!

Katydid Cards said...

Love these tree cards! Very clever how you cut them out and allowed the paper to peek out from the back.

Sounds like Christmas is in full gear for you and happy you're being filled with the spirit!

Kim

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Tania, I love the orientation you chose for the challenge. The sentiment and the punched out tree balance each other beautifully. What a good idea, to use that holly Designer Paper as the tree, too. Thannks so much for joining us this week for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Marsha Reed said...

Wonderful card, Tania! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Card Challenges. Marsha

Jackie said...

What a great masculine card. It is simple, yet beautiful. Thank you so much for joining our Watercooler Challenge!

Jen W. said...

Great use of the patterned papers here and I love the use of the die cut negative. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Kim P said...

I regret not buying that tree punch...what a fun way to create a CAS card. Love how you used the negative space.

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous CAS cards, love the tree punch.

Wanda said...

I love the way you punched the tree out and let the DSP be the design of the tree... It looks so cool.. I may have to give this a shot!