Friday, June 15, 2012

VC Rocks Blog Hop

Welcome to the VC Rocks Blog hop for June. You should have arrived here from Gwyn's blog. If you didn't, you can go back to the beginning by heading to the  VC Rocks homepage. There are 30 other amazing stampers participating this weekend. Of course, if you wish, you may continue on from here and loop all the way around. I'll have a link to the next stop on the hop at the bottom of this post.

The theme for this month's hop is Any Size Card. Now, you would think it would be easy to chose something to post with such a broad theme. It actually wasn't this time. I have so many cards I've made in my  time away that I had a hard time choosing which ones to post, especially because I know the themes for the July and August hops, which I am planning to participate in.

Given all that, I decided I'd post a couple cards I made recently at an all Occasion class. I love going to stamp with my demo, because she gives us a basic concept and then she totally lets us go. I love the freedom to stray from the original design - even when sometimes it happens as a result of a 'mistake', as in the first card.

 The original sample of this card had a different size and style of pennant. I cut the cardstock wrong and had to adapt it. When I first saw the Bright Blossoms set, it did NOTHING for me. It's totally grown on me now.  I particularly love how it looks random stamped, as we did here with the flags. At this point, I have too many 'must haves' to buy this set, but it's moved of my 'no way' list. I divide stamps from the catalogue into three categories - 'Must have," "It depends," and "Not my style". Usually, the final decision on the middle category gets made at retirement time.


The second card  features some retired product, notably the Baroque Motifs set. It's a perfect example of a set that's been  on my 'maybe' list that I never got around to purchasing. It's not that I don't like it, I just found it kept getting bumped down the priority list. It's one of the ones I regret not buying; I'll be on the lookout for it as people sell their retired merchandise. If I can find it at an affordable price, I'll pick it up - it's great for embossing and playing with punch art, as we did here with the flower punch.

Again, I strayed from the original design - this time I stamped the flourish at a different angle than the original.

Card Details - All products Stampin' Up
Birthday Wishes
Stamps: Bright Blossoms, 
Cardstock: Real Red, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Pacific Point

Wedding Card
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, 
Cardstock: Whisper White, Silver
Other: Silver embossing powder, pearls, Big Shot die

I hope you enjoyed these cards! Now hop along to Toni's blog to see what she has created for you this month!

28 comments:

Krafting Karen said...

Like the layout. Thanks for sharig

mitz said...

...ohhh this flourish is so perfect.. luving it.. thanks for your idea.. great job
mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

Kimber said...

Beautiful cards!! Thanks for joining the hop!!

Debbie said...

I was right there with you on the Bright Blossoms set. I too have been converted! Thanks for sharing your cards!

Chris Occhipinti said...

I love that you aren't afriad to mix it up a little--there are no mistakes, only new opportunites to embellish or add another layer. Two great cards, Tania!

Anonymous said...

Good looking cards! I am hoping I have the
bright Blossoms set downstairs-I will have to go down and look before I head for bed!! Thanks for sharing with us.
Marsha
bestprepgirl@comcast.net

Barb said...

great cards and the blog is looking great...Barb

Just Me said...

Great cards, I specially like the wedding card with the flourishes.

Patrice Herrera said...

Your cards are fantastic. great texture and color combos too!

inkedx2 said...

Very nice cards! Sorry to see the items on the wedding card retired.

Unknown said...

pretty!!

Brenda said...

Great cards -- love how you did them, I always need new ideas and you really provided them. TFS

Elizabeth said...

Great cards! tfs

Stace said...

There are never mistakes just opportunities to add another layer LOL (that's my motto and I am sticking to it) Adorable cards.

Carey said...

I love them both. The second card is absolutely great for a wedding. I really miss that set.
Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Stamper Shirley said...

Sometimes the best cards are made by 'making do' when we make mistakes at first. Great job 'making do' !!! Thanx for sharing, Sassy Shirley

Gwyn Crawford said...

Love them!

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

You'd never know that card had a mistake! Besides, my philosophy is there are no mistakes in stamping; just design modifications :)

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very nice cards!

Cindy Ferenz

Janice said...

Great cards, thanks for sharing your ideas.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing.

jimlynn said...

Both are fabulous!
Love the design on the first card and that big flourish on the second! Great cards!
Lynn

KER said...

both are wonderful

Mary G. said...

Nice cards!!! I really like the wedding card!!

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Great cards, Tania!

Jennipher said...

Two wonderful cards. Love the elegant wedding one. Nice work.

The Rubber Buggy said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the inspiration.

MJ said...

Really great samples. I too love to usse rhinestones and pearls.