Monday, December 2, 2013

December Daily?

I have set out a little challenge for myself. I am going to post 31 cards in December. Now, not all of them will be ones I am making in December. I do have a stash of cards I've made that I never got around to blogging. But there will also be new cards as I try to do at least a challenge a week.

I didn't get a post up yesterday, December 1st, because I was exhausted. It was a long and wonderful day, as I kicked off Advent/the Christmas season by having a little tree trimming party with friends. The kids did the tree trimming. The adults supervised and chatted.
The finished product

I had a lovely, low key day today and put together two challenge cards. It was nice to relax after a busy weekend. I did go to my Youth For Christ Leader Training, where I gave my testimony, and I had to go out and deal with a problem regarding my driver's license. That was actually really funny. I went in at the end of October, a few days before my birthday. Well, I got a letter in the mail last week telling me that I had to come back in due to a problem with the way they inputted my personal information. No clue what was wrong. When I got there, we discovered they had entered my height as 3 centimeters. I know I'm short, but I'm not THAT short!

So that was my afternoon. But in the morning I got some cards made. The first one is for the challenge at Late Night Stampers - Non Traditional Christmas colours (no red or green). It turned out to be much harder than I thought it would be! so many of my kits had at least a little of those colours.


 The second card is for The Paper Players latest challenge:

 

This card looks time consuming, but it really wasn't. I created the mask for the top hill first, so I knew how much sky I wanted. In retrospect, I think I should've made it a little lower, but I still like it overall. After I did the sky I moved the paper I used for the hill shape around to create the different levels, then  added glitter. 



There is still time to participate in both of these challenges!

Card Details - All products Stampin Up!

Ornament Card
Cardstock: Very Vanilla
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Soft Suede
Other: Twine, rhinestones, dimensionals, Ornament Keepsakes framelit dies, embossing folder

Winter Scene Card
Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy (I know it looks black, but it isn't, I promise)
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Ink: Night of Navy, Wisteria Wonder, Marina Mist
Other: Dazzling Details

I'm sorry I don't have the info regarding which sets contain the sentiments for these cards. I believe they are both retired sets. The embossing folder in the first card is also an SU one that is retired. If I were to make the card again, I'd likely use Beautiful Baroque.

7 comments:

Winnie said...

Your tree turned out lovely, the kids did a fab job. Your cards turned out great, I especially love the complete scene you created on the tree card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Great self-imposed challenge and beautiful way to start. These two cards are BEAUTIFUL, as is your Christmas tree!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful cards & what a great challenge!! Looking forward to seeing your other 29 creations this month :)

LeAnne said...

Very pretty little scene you created! I love the snowy hills! Thanks for participating in my Evergreen challenge this week! I look forward to your other cards this month too!

Marcy said...

Beautiful Christmas cards! The snowy trees look fantastic!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a beautiful winter scene you created! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty! I love the hills you created and the sponging. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!