Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge #5

For the first time in ages, I've got a card completed for a challenge BEFORE the deadline has passed.

Over on the Lawnscaping Stamps blog there's a challenge to use a stamp set in an unconventional way... like making a birthday card using a Christmas stamp, which just happens to be what I did ;)


The colours were chosen simply because I found the base in my stash, and that patterned paper was the best I could find to go with it. I'm still debating whether I am going to take the time to colour the image. I got the design from a sketch at

Yes, I did the brads crooked on this card... I can't ever get 'em straight,so I have decided my 'u' shape was intentional. Yeah.. that's it.. I meant to do it. Really, the child who is getting this card is NOT going to care. 



Card details: CS: Bazzill; PP: Chatterbox; Stamp: Merry Crittermas, Stampin' Up; Ink: Stazon; Brads: Making Memories; Tools: corner rounder, Stampin' Up. The design is from a sketch I got off the net. I can't find it at the moment to link it up. I know I kept it, so I imagine it's in with the stash of stuff still locked in my trunk; I knew I was going to be making more cards this week, so I didn't even unload the trunk this time.

The day I made this card I actually made about 14 more,  5 in the daytime and 9-10 that night at a card class. I'm going to create some blog posts before bed and have them go live on Friday evening a Saturday evening, as I'm super busy this weekend. One more night of ball hockey tomorrow, then various commitments over the weekend. Tonight was our final night for our intermediates.

We did these dog tag style year end gifts for the kids.Thought they were cool until I saw that they get tangled together VERY easily. We didn't put where the team placed... not all the teams had the same number of kids and we didn't want to find ourselves short or over in one group, so this method was easier. We gave out the awards and had pizza on the same night as we played our final games. Don't think we want to do it that way again. In the past we've done the awards night after spring break, but with it being 2 weeks off now, we thought it would be too long to wait. Next year we will start a week earlier, end a week earlier and do the wrap party right before spring vacation starts. The kids missed having the ranking of their team on the award. This would be my super cool cousin J. modelling hers. I loved having her play on my team this year. I love the group of kids we have overall, and they mostly all are planning to come back, so we should have another great season in the fall.





4 comments:

Laurel Beard said...

Super cute1 So glad you joined us at Lawnscaping this week! :)

Marie said...

Love the pink and green together! TFS =)

Lynnette said...

Fun idea, and great colors together

Amylucimar said...

very nice. i need to look for more ways to stretch those seasonal stamps for the whole year. i like your U shapes. :o)