Saturday, March 12, 2011

Unfrogettable...

I played with a new - well, a new to me - set on Monday. But before I get to that, yesterday I posted card that was made using a sketch. It's a Repeat Impressions sketch and I found it here, So if you didn't get a chance to read my last post, check it out.

And now, I must rave about my current all time favorite stamp set, Unfrogettable. It was originally released in 2006, and at the time, although I thought it was cute, I didn't see myself using it. How I could ever think that it was set I wouldn't get any use out of is beyond me now. I must have been delirous at the time. It's just adorable, and there's millions of ways to use it. Well.. at least 3849... that's 3846 ideas already in the Splitcoaststampers gallery for this set, plus the three I just made on Monday. I will be using all of these for kids at church... it's especially nice to have a set that works for 'little boy' cards.


A closer look at each card:


Card details: cardstock: Tangerine Tango (SU!) base, misc. blue mats; patterned paper: Around The Block; Stamp: Unfrogettable (SU!); Ink: Basic Black (SU!) 

The first card uses a Phindy's Place Challenge 44 sketch and it was probably the hardest one I did. It wasn't so much the shapes, as trying to decide how much patterned paper to use. I love this old birthday paper from Around the Block and I wanted to use as much of it as I could.

I am still planning to stamp 'Hoppy Birthday' on the purple circle.

The last two cards are both Repeat Impressions' Sketches.

The first is the J2611 sketch and the second is the F911 sketch. These were super quick cards.


Details: cardstock: Riding Hood Red (SU!), misc. blue; patterned paper: My Minds' Eye - old Kaleidoscope paper from my scrap stash; stamp: Unfrogettable (SU!); ink: Basic Black; Riding Hood Red,  (SU!). Misc: pop dots, punches, brads.

The only thing I woould change is that next time I used this sketch I would pop up the whole strip on the bottom card,and not the 'Hoppy birthday' circle. I was trying to be consistent, given that I had popped up the circle with the image.



 Hope you enjoyed looking at these cards as much as I enjoyed making them! Back with more tomorrow.

1 comment:

shazsilverwolf said...

These are so sweet! Its nice too see some 'fun' cards.