Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday thoughts

Not a lot has been happening these past few days. My wonderful mother came and did a wee bit of batch cooking with me yesterday. Went to the hospital to visit a friend. I managed to weigh in while I was there; they have a terrific scale I can wheel right on to. All I'm gonna say is I weigh more than I want, and 3 pounds less than I predicted. I was going to go to the scrapbook store and pick up the prize I won for their FB share draw, but I didn't get there. It was raining by the time left the hospital so I was not motivated to make another trip out of the car. 

Then at night I went to my Wednesday night stitch group. One of the ladies in the group had a birthday. I brought her a card (not pictured, but I will post one of it soon) and one of the others in the group baked a yummy banana cake. 

I ended up going to the scrapbook store today to meet a friend there. In keeping with my hopes of getting healthier, after that I went to the grocery store to pick up some flavour enhancers for my water. I managed to not drink cola today. I have some in my trunk, but I decided to leave it there for now.

This is an older card; my first time making a circular one. I know now how to have it be perfectly round, so I will do that in the future. It was made at our Stamper's 10 club. My design is very similar to the original one my demo created; I did use different sides of the paper and I think I my have positioned my circles a wee bit differently, too, though I don't really remember. I am finally getting around to blogging it because my Mom wanted a card for my cousin... as I type this, I hope she's delivered it, as I think they read my blog sometimes! 

As an aside, the envelope was made with the envelope punch board. The friend I was out with today bought one so I'll be playing with it a lot, I hope. 


Card Details
Cardstock: Smokey Slate, Pool Party
DSP: This Is Me
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Other: punches

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is pretty and fun. The round shape is great!