Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday fun...

Tonight was our first night back at floor hockey after Christmas break. I have to give a huge up to our registration co-ordinator, Steph, and our head of coaches, Danielle. This week back was one of the few times we had quite a good attendance rate on a week back after a break. They did a lot of work to remind people we were back, and ensured our coaches all had what they needed to do their reminder calls. It was a really fun night. We even had a few new players. One was on my team, and he was so cute. At first he was really nervous and reluctant. By the end, he was coming up to his mom and me and informing us that, he wants 'to play forever!' Best.  Feeling. Ever.

So glad I had no errands to run tonight. The weather here is frightful. I mean, certainly not as bad as our neighbours to the east have experienced. Don't get me wrong, I'm  not complaining. I just wasn't quite prepared for it to be raining as hard as it was. It was relatively dry earlier in the day. Thank you Mom for stocking me up with hot chocolate at Christmas.

A couple quick Christmas cards: I made these in the fall, the day we had the CTMH workshop at my place that I referenced here. We made two of each card, and I actually finished them that day in this case. In the case of the first card, I made a little error and the wonderful Candra helped me make it look less awful. And also, I hate tying twine.



This second card was much easier than I thought it would be, because the square was pre-punched for us. I love spinner cards! Yes I made a wee error on this one, too... hence the fact that the sentiment is stamped on a scrap rather than on the base.

I'm not sure whether I'll have a blog post tomorrow or not. I have some cards to photograph, though. And I am hoping to finally get my Christmas tree down this weekend. I hate taking it down until at least the 7th, so when the 6th falls between  Sunday and Tuesday, that means the tree is up a wee bit longer than normal.

Until next time.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Adorable Christmas cards! Very pretty designs and the twine looks great!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your cards are both beautiful! Love them!

Margaret said...

Lovely cards. Actually I hate tying twine also and making bows. I have at least 3 bow makers that I use all the time.

Zella said...

OOO - great cards for Christmas....I really need to start on 2014 Christmas cards too. That way I won't be scrambling in November again.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty Christmas cards!
I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine as well.

Dell said...

This is so pretty! Stay safe in your weather.