Thursday, January 16, 2014

Just Add Ink #198

Well, since I last posted, I've been reading a lot, resting and working on various professional projects. A few of us are going to do some craft fairs this year. I'm going to get involved as an adult mentor for Youth Sticking Together again this year. So proud to be supporting them. I've also got a couple other irons in the fire, but I'm not quite ready to share those yet. 

In order to get ready for the craft fairs, and just because I wanted to do it, I got more sorting done this week. The one photo box was set aside for completed cards I'm giving to my church and the other is for unfinished projects. In typical me fashion, I decided the best way to figure out what was what was to start by just putting it all out there in one big schmozzle.


Then I went through it piece by piece. The pile on the left is cards that are almost finished. For example, the top card (you can barely see it, but's one of the hedgie cards I blogged here), needs the sentiment reattached. Some need colouring. Others need a sentiment. All quick fixes.

The next couple of piles are card bases that are decorated with very pretty patterned paper, but there nothing else done - no sentiments, no images, nothing. They're almost as close as the previous pile, but not quite. Then I have 4x5 1/4 card fronts, and then images. Some of the images are ones I've stamped and some are ones I'm recycling. Not shown is a big bag of scraps that I'm taking with me tomorrow for a friend of mine.


I share all that with you as a long winded way of getting to today's card. Over at Just Add Ink they're having a blog hop and challenge featuring the new envelope punch board and/or the Thinlints Card Dies. I've got a fun birthday card featuring the Create a Cupcake set, Washi Tape and the new candy dots. I have tried to make this style card by hand and it was a LOT of work. These dies are just terrific. I made the base at my demo's studio, as I don't own these yet. I'll definitely be getting at least the circle die frame. That said, the label is growing on me, too, so I could well end up getting both.


Card Details - All Products SU!
Cardstock: Gumball Green, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Yippee Skippee
Ink: Island Indigo, Gumball Green, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Washi Tape, Candy Dots

13 comments:

kel Acopan said...

great job sorting! i do the exact same thing... pile everything in the middle and then put stuff back where i want it to go!

lovies, =o) kel

Narelle Farrugia said...

Fabulous card! I just love the fun colours you've used and the cupcake looks good enough to eat! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Cute card - love the quote!

And yay on organizing! It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Great card with lovely colours. I love the little buttons (brads) on the top of the cup cake. Chantell JAI

paige said...

Fun sentiment on this cheerful card! Kudos to you for organizing!

Marcy said...

Adorable card and I just love cupcakes! :) Great job with sorting. I need to sort and organize too. Hope you're having a great weekend! :)

stampingbowd said...

Super cute card! Love the color and the washi tape, so much fun!

WTG with the sorting! I did a bit of that earlier this week and I have more to do!

Have with the craft fairs!
(ohmypaper!)

Louise Sharp said...

What a fun card! Great job at getting organised, something I desparately need to do too!! ;)
Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink. Louise xx

Christine Blain said...

This is a very cute card, Tania! I especially love the addition of the candy dots; great touch. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Such a great idea to finish up all your outstanding projects - we've all got a few of them lying around!

Thanks for participating in our Blog Hop challenge this week, your card is a lovely entry.

Trish
JAI Design team

Nikki Spencer said...

How perfectly does that cupcake fit with the thinlits, Very sweet! Good on you for finishing of your UFO's Tania and thank you for finding time to join in our Blog Hop challenge at Just Add Ink.

KimB said...

I love that greeting paired with the cupcake Tania :) Love the bright fun colours and washi tape too. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.

Tina said...

Oooh, I love a good sort out! What a fab card you've made - the colours are so bright and cheerful. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.