Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 6

Today was the last night of floor hockey until the kids come back to school in January. School isn't out yet for two more weeks, but they have their concerts next week, plus the Christmas Closet (details to follow) on Friday. Given all the activities at the school there's just no point in trying to get the games going.

After hockey I went to a local church and attended the 21st Annual Singing Christmas Tree. It's an indoor musical where the choir is set up on risers with lights and such so that it looks like they're singing IN a Christmas tree. It's very cool. The singing is incredible.

Yum!
I whipped up another batch of cookie dough, too. I'll have to bake more in the morning. I'm not happy with how some of the first set of cookies turned out. I'm sure they're fine, but I am just not sure they're as perfect as they should be.  The sizing of the cookies was off.. Also, I didn't mix it by hand at all. I usually do. I usually have to, because I can't quite reach my counter well enough to really get a good look and make sure everything's incorporated. For some reason I didn't with the last batch. I tell ya, maybe it's an old wives' tale, maybe it's my late Nana's influence, but I am a big fan of mixing by hand - be that by a wooden spoon for a cake/brownie batter, or with a bit of actual really using your (super clean) hands, if it's a pie crust or certain cookie dough recipes.  or Here's tomorrow's batch of dough, prior to me wrapping it up and putting it in the fridge to chill.








For some reason, the bags I have for the cookies  are not holding. I packaged up the good ones from the last set, but the stupid bags keep splitting. I'll have to look for something else tomorrow; I'm meeting a friend for coffee & there's a Dollar Store right there.







And now tonight's card. Not super happy with how it turned out, but I can live with it. I forgot to use the Embossing Buddy in some spots and so the snowflakes are a messy. But that said, in some ways this look is more realistic than the more perfect & symmetrical snowflake image. They may look like that under a microscope, but they don't appear that way to the naked eye, especially here, were the snow is often so wet. It comes down in big clumps at times.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)

I am entering the card in the following challenges:

Card Details - All Products SUO
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Stamps: Warmth & Wonder
Ink: Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Metallic Encore Pad
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Old Olive Simply Styled Embellishments

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a cute card. Love the papers and the cute little tree!

Julie Gearinger said...

Great use of the Warmth and Wonder hostess stamp set along with the non-traditional Christmas colors:-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Tania, the stamps you've used are so pretty and your background looks fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Karen Barber said...

So pretty Tania!! The craft background sets your tree off beautifully!!