Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 5 - Under the wire...

The way the day was going, I wasn't sure I'd make it. Part of that was genuine busyness and part of that was  plain old procrastination. I actually read a really interesting article about procrastinating... I will post a link at some point.

Today was cookie baking day in my home. My recipe normally make 7 or 8 dozen but I only got 6 out of it tonight (ok, 6 dozen minus 3, since I had to eat the few that really fell apart). I'll make another batch tomorrow and then I'll have the 9.5 dozen I need for my cookie exchange, plus extras.

A few cookie pics:

The first 2 dozen (minus the 3 I ate)

I turned the oven down after this first set. The recipe I looked up called for 375 and it was just too hot. Not sure if that's because I have convection or what, but it was just... no. They tasted good, but... no.

The middle 3 dozen; getting better... 

I turned it down to 350 and they still got a little more brown in spots than I'd prefer. Not sure if that's a size issue or a "My oven is not cooking evenly and I never noticed it before" issue. 

Near perfect.


Now on to tonight's card so I can get this post up under the wire:

Made these last year in a class/card making night.

Card Details:
Cardstock: Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps: Delightful Decorations, Four The Holidays
DSP: Snow Festival?
Ink: Baja Breeze (Snif. My fave. I miss it!)

1 comment:

kel Acopan said...

love the cookies and the cards! i need to start baking but i'm totally putting it off!!

lovies, =o) kel