Sunday, December 29, 2013

Day 29! Another Scrapbook Sunday

I can't believe I have made it this far.

Again, this one will likely go live in the early part of December 30th. I was chatting with an online friend via gmail chat, and I lost track of time. Then I needed a quick shower, and now here I am, doing a blog post as I wait for my hair to dry. I am one of those people who hate hair dryers. Find them too harsh for my hair.

Went out for a great meal with a friend for her birthday. Went to a new-to-us restaurant. I think the place has been in town for about a year, but we've just never gone. I think that's partly due to us - ok, definitely me - being a creature of habit, but also it's just kinda tucked away in a complex I never think to go to. Food was good... very noisy, though. Not a great place to go if you really want to talk/get to know someone/get caught up with an old friend. Luckily we stay in touch pretty regularly; it was ok to talk less and just watch the hockey game on in the background.

On the topic of friendship/friendship and birthdays, I give you some birthday/friendship themed scrapbook pages from the album I made for my friend in Alberta.

Everyone gets a cake for their birthday. We try to have it be a surprise, and it is in one way. But it's more along the lines of a teenager and Santa - just like we were told growing up that we had to 'believe to receive' we all pretend like we've forgotten our own birthdays. And to be fair, we have been known to mix thing up a it, in that sometimes you'll get your cake the Wednesday before your actual birthday, and sometimes it's the Wednesday after.


We love our potlucks, too. we have two potlucks a year - one at Christmas and one in the summer. This picture was a Christmas potluck.


A few of us from our stitch group served together on a board for a local non profit. That group always had the nicest Christmas parties. In the one pictured here, the restaurant was tricky for me to get in to, but it was totally worth it. The page on the right is awards night for my friend's son, the year he graduated from high school. I focussed on pictures of him and his best friend.


Details
Cardstock: American Crafts
DSP: Jillibean Soup, other

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I'm impressed! I usually 1.) forget to take pictures, 2.) if it remember to take pictures, I fail to print them, and/or 3.) if I take pictures and print them, I fail to get them in an album.

MiamiKel said...

Soooo good to see your posts! Thank you for the love you sprinkled across my blog :) I look forward to a crafty 2014 with you!