Tuesday, August 20, 2013

More Make & Takes

Well it has been a busy couple of weeks. I was part of organizing an event with a group of local youth where they attempted to break a world record for the longest indoor floor hockey game. I'm so proud to say they met their goal! We still have to submit evidence and such to Guinness to make it official, of course. Here's a picture of the young men who took part; you can find out a bit more on our website http://youthstickingtogether.com/


Given the record attempt on the 9th - 11th, the recovery time last week, and finishing off a gift album for a friend who was visiting from Alberta, I didn't get much done in the way of cards. Last Monday I did the local make & take but I was too tired to drive the 30 minutes to the other store to do the one they had. Last week I made this card:



I am a sucker for all things ocean-y so I loved playing with this stamp set.I can see lots of ways to make a similar card with either my Seaside (retired) or By The Tide set. SU actually has a third seashell set, too, By The Seashore, which I'll get at some point as well. It's inevitable. As it is, I rarely buy non-SU stamps and I caved and bought a set with butterflies and shells around the time I made this card. I love the glitter on the popped up shell. 



This card is one I've had for a while. I added the sentiment last week when decided for sure it would be a birthday card. I'm regretting the green for the semtiment; shoudl have gone with Razzleberry. I do love the rest of the card, though. As much as I've said I don't like the flower set Bright Blossoms, it is growing on me.



I made these last two cards today. The card on the left was made at the make & take in Parksville and the flower card was made at the store here in town. ou can't see it clearly in the photo (though maybe if you enlarge it, you can) but the edges of all the patterned paper are sanded. I love that look. I have so many scraps and sentiment stamps that it'll be easy to make a similar card again.


The flower card originally had ribbon. I couldn't make ti work. It felt too busy, what with all the sponging, the layers, and the larger sentiment across the bottom. We all chose our own sentiment and I went with that one because I wanted to use a punch (my trimmer is on the fritz presently; I need to go get one of my old one that I donated to our church and borrow it back for a few weeks). This card uses masking to allow for two different colours of sponging. There's a lighter pink just around the flower. 

 Card Details:

Seashell card:

Cardstock: Coredinations
Stamps: Hero Arts?
Ink: Memento
Other: Twine, Glitter. pencil crayons

Flower Vase Birthday card - all products Stampin' Up
Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
DSP: Summer Smooches
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Other: Tempting Turquoise ribbon

Banner Birthday
Cardstock: American Crafts
DSP: Bella Boulevard
Stamps: Unknown

Flower Card
Stamps; Hero Arts, Making Memories
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: Memento, Tim Holtz
Other: Rhinestone (unknown), punch (SU!), markers (Tombow)




3 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

What an awesome accomplishment! Congrats to the team!
What lovely cards!

Winnie said...

Congrats to the youth team, that is such a big accomplishment! I can't imagine breaking any World Book record. I can't imagine how tired everyone must have been. Your cards turned out lovely. I am parital to seashells and nautical themes too. You can use them for so many occasions. Love the floral card on the end, sanding and inking are great!

paige said...

What a wonderful array of cards! Each one a delight!