Wednesday, July 13, 2011

ESS 138

Tonight's card is for the latest challenge at the Eat Sleep Stamp blog. It's actually one of my favorite sketch blogs. I just never seem to get them done on time... mostly because I get confused re: the due date/time.

My original plan was to use all Stampin' Up products and combine it with a colour challenge. In the end, I realized that I only had an hour to get the card made, so it would be easier to use paper from my scraps. That and a wonderful friend helped me with some organizing yesterday and many scraps were added to my accordian file, which is now stuffed to the gills, as the saying goes. I am DETERMINED to use up a bunch of scraps, so the only time I'm cutting into my SU dsp is when the challenge specifically calls for SU only.

The only non-scrap used was the base, which is 5.75x5.75. None of my scraps are big enough for card bases, and really, I also have so much unused cardstock that I'm good with that. I'm finding more and more that much of the cardstock I bought because it was on sale just isn't working with my pattern paper. So from now on I'm only buying 12x12 cardstock as I need it for projects, with the possible exception of neutrals like white, black and dark brown.

Card details:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: 3 Bugs in a Rug
Stamp: Sidekick Sayings
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: markers (Tombo), ribbon, (misc), ribbon slide (Maya Road)

No comments: