Monday, January 18, 2010

As another week passes...

I'm experiencing my typical sense of January 'blahs.' The fact that it rained most of last week didn't help at all. I've kept up with the photo a day challenge. On some days I've taken more than one, but for now I'm going to limit myself to choosing a favorite from each day. I have to start from today and work backwards, because Blogger and I are arguing and I can't get it to work any other way.


Photo of the Day Jan 18/10 I took a class at church tonight on identifying your spiritual gifts. My faith has become far more important to me in the last year or so. Well, not more important - it's always been important. But something I'm embracing in a more holistic way. I'm seeing God's place in all areas of my life and becoming more comfortable talking about faith. I'm considering the implications of my actions and choices and thoughts on a broader scale than I was before; seeing the connections in ways I didn't in the past. In my Sunday night Bible study group we did a study on poverty before Christmas and it really impacted me. Now we're looking at reading and learning how to really analyze Scripture. I know I haven't spent enough time in my Bible in the past, so it's going to be a real growth oppportunity for me.


Photos of the Day Jan 17/10 and Jan 16/10... I don't even consider this cheating, because the first photo really was taken on Sunday and the second really was taken on Saturday. But they go together.


I got together with 5 of my girlfriends from 10:00 in the morning Saturday until about 2:00 a.m. on Sunday. This first photo is my stuff, packed up but not put away. It's Monday night and it's still on my table, to be truthful.


We had a fantastic day.... lots of laughter, eating, chatting, venting, cuddling A's babies, admiring each other's pages, listening to great tunes.... it was a perfect day. D made a great soup for lunch and L. made a fab spaghetti. in between there was much snacking on all things chocolate, with some salty treats thrown in for good measure.


One of the twins... baby 'c'....



Photo of the Day Jan 15/10 - My sister in law picked this out for me for Christmas. I love it; she even got my name put on it! I took this photo to inspire me to get ready for the next day... an all day crop with friends.

The day itself was a busy one; I met my Bible study group for breakfast. We said goodbye to a member and now new friend who is heading to Mexico to live for the forseeable future. She'll be marrying a young man from there in February. Good luck and Godspeed, Jess!

After breakfast I visited friends of mine who live near the water. If I had been thinking I'd have taken a shot of the view because it was spectacular. I did get some neat shots of her and her two daughters, but I had forgotten to ask her how she feels about the blogosphere, etc., so I don't feel comfortable a picture from that day, even without names.

Photo of the Day Jan 14/10... I was gonna take a photo of one of my favorite vices (Starbucks hot chocolate) but it was so wet and rainy I didn't want to take my camera out. So we are left with the latest item to grace my front door. My mom picked it up for me on clearance, a few days after Christmas, in 2008 or maybe 2007. I confess I can't remember which.


Photos of the day Jan 13/10 and Jan 12/10 Ok, I cheated here. I took both of these on Wednesday. The picture of the cake at home was taken in the afternoon and the one of my friend post candle-blowing was in the evening. We have a tradition of a card and a cake for each person's birthday at our stitch group. We do it the Weds closest to the person's actual birthday.

The cake is a Jello Poke Cake and I had intended to take a pre-iced picture as well as a with icing picture, but I, well... forgot. What can I say? I'm forgetful. I was a tad worried about the cake when I first saw it, because it seemed like the liquid from the jello had diffused through the cake too much and it wouldn't be marbly. It was fine in the end. Not quite as good as my aunt's, but still yummy.

Photo of the Day Monday, Jan. 11/10 - I have to admit when I saw this little plug in night light in my Christmas stocking, I wasn't sure about it. I mean, I thought it was cute, because it's a penguin, and, well... penguins are cute (love 'em... Santas, snowmen and penguins are my thing). But I didn't think I would actually get an real use out of it. Now I don't know how I survived without it. So much easier than going all the way to the front door to turn off the big overhead light.



Photo of the Day Jan 10/10 It happened again this year... every year, for some reason there is at least one Christmas gift for a friend that doesn't get delivered on time. I always feel badly when that happen. I really have got to get a better system in place. Someone suggested to me once that it might be unconsciously intentional, so I can make Christmas last a bit longer... maybe, but I'd like to think not... we just all have such busy lives....


Photo of the Day... Saturday January 9/10.... I took my tree down... I always feel sad to see all decorations leave. I just find it makes my apartment seem so dull. Everything just seems so much more beige. The process of 'undecorating' was much less stressful than it's been in past years - my parents came and helped me. My took the lights off the tree and got the tree itself in to the box; mom and I sorted the ornaments. I even managed to get a box together of items that I was able to part with. It got put away before I thought to snap a picture though.































No comments: