Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Trevor Linden....

Got to meet one of my all time favorite hockey players on the weekend. Trevor Linden came to town on Saturday. Loaves and Fishes, our local food bank, partnered with a local sports store to bring him to town. They had a some Nanaimo Clippers hockey players there, too... nobody was there for them, though. Kinda felt badly for 'em.

My man TL - one of my last great crushes - was even more drop dead gorgeous in real life than he is on TV. Siigh. LOL. I didn't talk to him for long; didn't want to hold up the line. And WHAT A LINE! There was something like 1000 people there; far more than anyone at the store expected. And I was NOT the oldest person there, by a long shot. I was stunned by how many men over age 45 I saw.

As a result of this meeting, I am going to do something I never thought I would do again - write to a celebrity. I'm involved in some floor hockey stuff here in town and it would be very cool if we could get TL and/or some other Canucks to come for some of our summer events, and/or to send us some things we can use as prizes on awards night. So, since I briefly mentioned to TL that I wanted to talk to him about our group and he didn't look at me like I had grown 3 heads, I figure I'll do as he suggested and write to him via the Canucks. I figure the worst thing he can do is say 'no.' Actually, the worst thing he could do is say yes, but then name a price we can't afford. That would be heartbreaking.

No comments: