Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Valentine's Day challenge cards

 I am back. Let's see if I can FINALLY get in a groove. I have been trying to do more crafting, so far with minimal success. The 'New Normal' of the current pandemic scenario means I can't use my usual space to craft. My building has a common space that normally we are all allowed to use. It has much larger tables than either my desk or my kitchen table. 

Despite the limited space, I did finally find some mojo again & make 4 cards.  Although the kids aren't meeting face to face, the GEMS group from our church still wanted to do a Valentine's Day project. They made cards for seniors at one of the local facilities. It was all arranged by our leaders in terms of how to drop off the cards, etc, so that all the rules continue to be followed. As stressful as things have been for me, it's even harder on those who are in extended care facilities, cut off from many of their visitors, and pretty dependent on staff. I know at least here, the staff are all working as hard as they can to provide the necessary support. So anything we can do to help them provide some cheer to our local seniors is worth it. 

Between us, myself & two friends made 22 cards. I am only sharing mine, because I don't have a picture of one friend's cards, and I don't have permission to share the one my other friend made, though she did ask me to photograph it for her. 

I was inspired, again by the sketch at Call Me Crafty Al. It is the January 2021 Sheetload of Cards. Alicia's sheetloads have become some of my favorites; I love her Youtube channel. She has a great hop every month so viewers can see different takes on the sketch. One of the things I love about using sheetloads is that it's a great way to use a bunch of my older cardstock & patterned paper, because you can make a lot of cards at once. I have 5 more ready to finish & I hope to share them soon, as they will be a different sentiment, and and I may make a few other changes. Although Alicia did make the flag the same colour as her matting cardstock, and it worked nicely, I don't like it as much on mine. I have a few ideas. 

I am entering the following challenges:

Paper Players 527: Theme: Hearts and/or Stars

Double D Challenges: Inspiration challenge: Valentine/Love - New to me challenge blog

Just Us Girls: Word Week - Valentine 




Card Details:

Cardstock: Pink Pirouette (I think?), Primrose Petals (SU)

DSP: Flowers (SU), Pink Polka dot, Black & White Hearts (random paper stack)

Stamps: Heartfelt

Ink: Primrose Petals (SU)

Tools:  Scallop Heart, Heart punches  (SU)

9 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fabulous cards! I really like the design and your mix of patterns. Thanks for playing along at JUGS!

Darlene said...

These are just beautiful ... congrats on finding mojo & space to do some therapeutic crafting! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Valentine LOVE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Jaydee said...

What a wonderful mix of papers and I love the classic colors. So glad you found your mojo and joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

laurie said...

Love the layers..beautiful card!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players !

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love all of those fabulous layers! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Birgit said...

This is super cute and such a clever take on the mood board!! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D challenge. Best of luck to you!

Kathy Krug said...

Such a delightful design and take on our mood board. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.

Kathy
DD DT

Laura B said...

Beautiful cards! I love the way you combined the DSPs ... I am rarely brave enough to do that. I'm glad you're getting back in the crafting groove!

Laura B

kellkat said...

Posting comment as came here from Janet's RTS today 10/3/22.