Friday, February 24, 2017

Paper Players 332

I am getting this challenge in under the wire!

I can't figure out where January went. Life just got really busy. And then the last week of January/beginning of February, I ended up with a lovely bout of cellulitis in my foot that I'm still fighting. I'm not very good at using my iPad to blog, so I couldn't really get on here, as I was under strict orders from the doctor to stay in bed and keep my foot elevated unless I absolutely had to go somewhere. We even ended up missing the Canadian Women's National Team game against Mexico. I was pretty crushed.

I have more I could share - and I will - but now I must get this card posted before the deadline. Blogger was giving me trouble this morning and the page to write my post wouldn't load. Finally got it working after I ran my CCleaner to get rid of all the temporary internet files & crap that I think were slowing things down.

The challenge is to make a card with the sentiment as your focal point. There are two other challenges I was going to use it for, but tomorrow I will post a few other cards I've finished that I like better for those ones.


I love this font, and I love how big the sentiment is. I haven't gotten the set yet - I was crafting with friends on Tuesday night - but it has definitely grown on me. I'm hoping it actually makes next year's catalogue, because between the glimmer paper & the medallion set, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it before SAB ends. 

It's hard to tell here, but the darker sentiment layer isn't black - it's embossed in gold. If/when I make this card again, I will remember to stamp off before I do the background. You can see a spot where I didn't, and it's just too dark.

Check out the challenge here!

Card Details - All Products Stampin' Up

Stamps: So Very Much
Cardstock: Mint Macaron, Very Vanilla
Ink: Mint Macaron, Versamark
Other: Gold embossing powder, punches

1 comment:

Jaydee said...

Tania, I love how you stamped the sentiment on the background, too - such a soft and subtle touch, but adds wonderful texture. Fabulous card. so glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee