Friday, November 20, 2015

Christmas card challenge

Wow, the fall has been busy. I've had a lot on my plate professionally. I did manage to get away for a long weekend in Vegas to celebrate my 45th birthday. I took a lot of pictures, which are STILL sitting on my camera. Went old school this time & took the pictures on my Canon, as opposed to my phone.

I also ended up having to replace my monitor. It crashed on me a while ago and one of my wonderful cousins gave me one of her old ones. So even when I was able to make cards, I've not been able to post them. Surprisingly, I've done well at carving out time to do some card making. Self care is too important to ignore, and I find my card making and scrapbooking to be a great stress relief. So I've got lots to share over the next while.

Today's card is for two challenges
 GDP: Christmas
TGIF: Christmas


It's a CASE of a design by a great card maker at a local store. I went in and did it as a make & take. One of the things I love about these events is the freedom we have to change things up. I did my snowflakes differently, and my colours were a bit different for my background. I fell in love with these trees. They remind me of the Wonderland set from Stampin Up, which I didn't purchase, because I have similar stamps. The background is done with Tim Holtz distress inks. The greeting & the trees are embossed in white.

All the products used on this card are Tim Holtz. I can't remember what colours of distress ink I used, or the name of the set.

4 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very cool card- love the trees on the great BG. Glad to see you back blogging!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a pretty background for these tall pines, Tania! What a wonderful holiday design!!

Brian King said...

Such lovely greens - nice technique to create the beautiful background. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Christmas Theme Challenge for the Global Design Project.

Katydid Cards said...

This is such a peaceful and serene card...love it. Those tall pines are really pretty.