Sunday, July 5, 2015

Day 5 - Congrats USA

Before we get to today's card - congrats to the US Women's National Soccer Team on their World Cup victory. So glad the game was played indoors, at BC Place. I noticed the sun peeking through, so I did wonder if the roof was open. I'd be surprised if it was, though. The Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island are covered in a pretty thick haze due to all the forest fires that are happening throughout the province. It's unprecedented, at least in my lifetime. I mean, sure, we have fires, but it's never been this bad. Normally I'd have my back door open, to get some in air in from off the patio, but I can't. Too much smoke.

Despite all the frustration & nervousness about the haze/smoke, it's been a good day. I had breakfast at my parents' house so I could see my little niece (and my bro/SIL of course!). She's taking a little bit of time to warm up to me. At first we couldn't figure out why, as we try to Skype regularly. Then it hit me that she can't see my wheelchair on the laptop. The way I'm sitting, it's hidden. So she's still figuring that out. And the elevator up to the kitchen isn't a normal, quiet one. 

On to today's project! It's not a card today, in the traditional sense. It's a gift card holder. I made it at the same class where I made these cards. To be brutally honest, I couldn't find this one at the time I posted the first four. Not sure how it got separated from the rest. My apologies for the blurry photo; phone died so I couldn't try again. I'll try to update it tomorrow when I post day 6.


As you can see, it's done file folder style. The file folders came premade by the company we got the kit from. The 'merry' is from a separate die; all the other embellishing is from the kit. The folder is adhered shut along the left & right side, so you can slide a gift card in the top, which is why I'm not classifying it as a 'card,' per se. 

See you tomorrow! 



No comments: