Thursday, June 26, 2014

Still here...

Am popping in today to share a few pictures and a card I made ages ago.

It has been a busy few weeks. I helped plan a surprise party for a friend of mine. We pulled it together in a week, I think. J graduated from the horticulture program here and the ceremony was on the 20th. I had said her hubby a while ago that it would be nice to surprise her with a party, and we could do it here in my common room... it just took us a while to get it all organized. It was a little stressful, but so much fun!

Because of the program she did, we figured J's party had to have a garden theme. I took on shopping for decorations & two of the other women who were attending the party also contributed some items from their homes. 

The decorations evolved from this:
 To this... the lanterns were brought from S's home, as were the faux plants. She & C. brought the candles, too.


You can see more of the decorations - the faux Red Solo Cups were cute... and the cake on my Instagram here - I'll be doing less personal picture posting on my blog and more on Instagram so that this blog can remain mostly focussed on papercrafting.

And with that, a card from a while ago. I think I've mentioned before that I usually go once a month and meet up with friends in a Close To My Heart group. The majority of the time, we do 5 cards, although sometimes the group will switch it up. I am not always great about remembering to photograph these cards, as I'm not necessarily always happy with my work. I find that with CTMH we use a lot pre-made dies using the Cricut. Despite the fact that the stamps are clear and thus it should be easy to stamp where you want to, I have trouble lining up the stamp/die. I didn't mind this card too much, though. It was perfect for our Tueday Morning Women's Bible Study to give to one of the members who just had her third child.


I can't give the card details this time, as I don't remember the name of the paper pack or the stamps. But all the products are CTMH.



1 comment:

Margaret said...

Looks like a fun party. Your card is very pretty. Love the dp and colors.