Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm back with new projects!

I really did not mean to take such a long break from blogging Life just got in the way this past fall. The last 3 months of 2012 weren't particularly good. But things have settled down and I'm excited to get back to posting my creations. I may even write about other things from time to time, too.

Despite my lack of blogging, I have been creating. I'm still in my monthly stamper's group and I still go to the scrapbook store and 'play' with a friend of mine most Fridays. I've missed that more Fridays than I'd like, but things have settled down and I'll be getting back into that routine starting this Friday. Despite the missed days, I've still been finding some time to create, so I have projects ready to share.

I made this at an event my monthly SU Club demo held. It was back in February as a fundraiser for Heart and Stroke Foundation, because she works there and February is Heart Month. We also made cards. I will share those throughout the next few weeks. I have seen a few challenges  that have inspired me, so over the next while I'll be posting regularly, sometimes with new stuff I've just made for challenges and sometimes with projects made during my time away from blogging.

As you can see, the purses don't close properly yet. I need to pick up some of those little velcro circles you can get. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the handle of the small purse is ribbon and the one on the larger purse is made of cardstock.  I confess the purses/box were the one project of the day I wasn't looking forward to making - I much prefer to make cards and scrapbook pages. In retrospect, I think they'll be great gift holders.

The only bad thing about these projects is I ended up loving the Stampin' Up heart themed paper, which I was not planning to want. And since we have until the end of May to order from the Spring mini that's even more time to convince myself I need the paper.... and I so do NOT need the paper. Soon I will post a picture of all the paper I have. Trust me when I say I have enough paper to last me the remainder of my natural life! LOL.


Project Details - all products Stampin' Up:
Small Purse: Cardstock: Real Red; DSP: Summer Smooches; Designer Buttons; Ribbon
Large Purse: Cardstock: Real Red; DSP: More Amore; Antique Brads; Punch: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border
Box: Cardstock:Pretty In Pink DSP: More Amore; Stamps:Pretty Petites; Punch: Petite Curly Label; Ink:  Pool Party

No comments: