Tuesday, March 26, 2013

ABC Easter Card Challenge

 I don't always do cards for Easter, but this year I will need at least one. At 14, J. is pretty much past the Easter egg hunt/egg dyeing stage. But I want to do something for her, so I'll give her a card with a little gift card in it for her to go get herself some half price treats. We'll be heading out to the mall together on Easter Monnday, so it will give her something to spend.

I ended up making two cards, just because I was motivated. It was my first time making pocket cards; I quite like them. I think the first one is a wee bit too serious for her so I will likely use it for a friend of mine who has been a huge help to me lately as I've been working through some complicated stuff.

I am entering these cards for two challenge:
 ABC Challenges. Easter cards
Sweet Stampin: Lots of Layers







Card Details:

Cardstock: Top - Pixie Pink; Bottom - Taken With Teal; Both - Barely Banana Whisper White (SU)
Stamps: Faith & Hope (SU)
Ink: Basic Black (SU)
DSP: Top  - Lucy Bird (Imaginisce); Bottom  - Autumn Leaves
Other: Punches, Markers (SU) brads (Making Memories)




5 comments:

Sami said...

I love the colors in both of the cards!

Sarah Souza said...

Love the pocket card. I'll have to try this technique. Thanks for the inspiration!

kel Acopan said...

all so super cute but I love the blue one... i have 2 boys though so maybe that's it!

Danielle said...

Adorable cards and love the colors you've used for them!

Margaret said...

Lovely cards. I'm hoping for Spring soon also even though we don't get snow where I live, it's been cold.