Friday, September 3, 2010

Birthday card....

I made this card using materials I got in a swap. It's a kit swap... we receive the stamped images, embellishments and patterned paper and we can use the supplies any way we wish. The only rule the hostess of the month has is that all images and products must be from Stampin' Up - they can be current or retired images/embellishments.

Each month the hostess preps the kits and mails them out to the 3 others in the group. She also includes a sample card that she made using the same supplies. We're not supposed to look at her card until we make our own, and I gotta say I'm proud of myself for not cheating.

I had SO much fun creating this card. I've got to give props to my wonderful friend Carol... she was my critic as I played with ideas. Originally there were two ribbons in the corner and it just didn't look right. Loved putting my punch to use... the effect is wonderful and I love how easy it is to use.

Materials:

Paper: SU! Pixie Pink cs; Razzlebery lemonade dsp (thanks to Kim for giving me the correct name!)
Embellishments: Rich Razzleberry ribbon, pearls from Pretties kit
Markers: SU! Pink Passion
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Stazon Black
Punch: Scallop trim border punch

I can't be 100% sure of the name of the designer series patterned paper. I know it's retired. I do have the pack so if anyone is interested in tracking some down via ebay or bst on Splitcoast (I'm not parting with mine! It's my favorite, despite all the pink) I can check to see that the name is correct...right now I can't get into my patterned paper cupboard but that should be corrected by Monday.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card, love the flower and the design paper.

Kim P said...

Cute card! I love that dsp too! It's Razzleberry Lemonade! YUM!

Love the added pearls too

MiamiKel said...

Wow, Tania - I loved reading your description of your card and all the details! What a nice kit you were sent - gorgeous papers and the flower is darling! I like all the elements you combined - the black and white, ribbon and pearls -nicely done!

Stampalicious said...

very pretty card, love the colours!!!