Friday, January 8, 2010

Catching up...

I actually have been taking a photo a day; I just haven't had the energy to post 'em. Well... I haven't had the energy to fight with my SD card reader, which sometimes seems to be possssed by heaven knows what. But some days it just won't read.

Today's photo... this Santa was a gift from my Aunt. I love it and totally think it's cute. He moves, and he sings Santa Claus Is Coming To Town. There is only one small problem with it: The main thing I initially loved about this particular Santa is that I believed children would love it.

So much for that. Every single child under the age of 4 who has seen the thing has completely freaked out. Totally terrified of it. So now I am not sure what to do with it. I think at some point it may end up finding another home to make room for something more kid friendly.

Yesterday's photo... my favorite plushy snowmen. I also have lots of snowmen tree ornaments and porcelain ones that are knick knacks I keep on shelves.

Wednesday's photo: I have been meaning to take this shot for a while now; these are the wondeful items my secret Santa sent me. Lots of cool stickers, stuff for card making, ribbon, chipboard... great stuff... I am blessed.

I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. It seems like we should still be on holidays. I haven't even done my yearly purging of the medicine cabinet, bathroom drawers, and bedroom drawers. I did organize the 'junk' drawer in the kitchen... but that happened by default more than design. I reached a point where I couldn't get it to close, so I had to clean.
My friend and her daughter have headed back to Edmonton; we said goodbye to them on Weds. night. Gonna miss them but they'll visit soon enough, and Edmonton isn't THAT far away.

Yesterday we went to see The Blind Side. What an amazing movie. I loved every minute of it. Definitely one I could see wanting to own on DVD when it comes out. I don't think I realized that Sandra Bullock could so totally immerse herself in a character like that.

I'm coordinator of a floor hockey league one of our neigborhoods, as some people who read this blog know. Tonight was our first night of games after Christmas. Season will end on March 5th. We really do have to try to work out a way to let the kids come in and play over the winter break; some of them were really out of it in terms of remembering the rules and just being focussed on how to play. Still, we're having a good season. Nice kids, great parents, reliable refs. And the kids have fun, which is the most important thing.

No comments: