Friday, July 3, 2020

Good to be back...

I am not sure it's a good sign that it's 11:55 pm, and I have had to restart this post for the third time, because I keep accidentally hitting various buttons & losing the post.

Technological glitches not withstanding, I am actually quite excited to be blogging again. I've been cardmaking consistently for the last two years... which is how long ago, approximately, I last posted. Not quite sure where my blogging mojo went. I think part of it was not knowing how to garner the traffic I see other bloggers get. I know I was frustrated by my stash, and how disorganized it is.  Or maybe just not having the time, or the patience, to devote the needed energy to it. Since COVID hit in March, I have been a bit rejuvenated around creating.

I admit it wasn't like that at first. Like many, I had no idea what to do when this situation first started. I never really expected it to last as long as it has. It's been interesting to be a school trustee (I'm still on the school board - in my second term) during a pandemic. I'm pretty proud of how we've been managing the situation.

I have rediscovered sketches, and I have found some great inspiration on Youtube & Instagram. I'm especially inspired by Kristie Marcotte and Call Me Crafty Al. Today I'm sharing a set of cards I made using Kristie's 6x6 paper tutorial. It's actually an updated version of the tutorial. She used multiple sketches for her examples; my cards are based on OWH Sketch 154.

This sketch is very versatile; I will likely use it again and where I have the blank strip, I'll add a small die cut sentiment. These cards are blank because I made them as a going away gift for a friend.

Although I'm feeling creative, I'm not as organized as I'd like to be. I still have to get my cardstock sorted. It's all Stampin' Up, but I stupidly went rainbow order and mixed current colours with retired colours As such, I have some that I can't identify. For now, if I put a * next to something, that means I'm not sure I have correctly identified the item in question. My goal is to sort the cardstock this weekend. I have an unopened package of all the colour families, so I should least be able to pull out the loose current colours. The reality is I will likely let go of some of the older, retired colours I can't identify.


Card details:

Cardstock: Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, Mint Macaron (SU)
Glitter paper: Tonic Studios
DSP: Pretty Petals (SU)
Die: SU





No comments: