Saturday, May 19, 2018

HIMCR Challenge #353

I am back with another card for a challenge. I have been working on the never ending process of sorting out my stash, and I needed a break, so I went through my 'unfinished cards' box & found one that would fit for a challenge today.





I was going to put this one in for our VC Rocks Virtual Stamp Day, but I realized it didn't really fit any of the criteria. The weather has gotten marginally cooler so I'm hoping that will motivate me to play some more tomorrow. It's been really warm, and the pollen has been driving me insane. I hate allergy season.



This card uses a fun fold a friend taught me. I just die cut the label largest label framelit & then the one the next size smaller (I think.. it may have been third one down... I admit I don't recall.). Just some strong adhesive at the back to secure the backs of the flaps. It's really easy to know where to put the adhesive because you just score the die cut about 3/4 of an inch in and use that smaller part under the inside panel... between  the vanilla panel & the Early Espresso one.

As you can see I went full on with the collage stamping on the inside panel... I added another panel, the same size, to the back with no stamping, so I had a place to write a message. I stamped the main ship image on a 3x4 piece of cardstock so I had lots of extra space. That way I could just keep tearing until I got the look I wanted. Then I inked the edges & added some sponging to both image panels.

Note.. Don't try to tear first or cut the panel to small. Trust me one that one. ;)

Card Details - All Products Stampin' Up

Stamps: The Open Sea
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
Ink: Early Espresso
Other: Framelits

No comments: