Saturday, June 25, 2016

VC Rocks June Blog Hop

Today we are Cruisin' with Flowers over at VC Rocks. Yup, we were asked to make a project that features flowers in some way. I had initially planned to share a really cool card my friend Angela taught us how to make using Lovely As A Tree and the reflection technique. Then I remembered that I hadn't yet shared this card:


We made it not long ago and I finally got the finishing touches complete, as well as managed to photograph it. I love box cards. They look complicated, but the basic structure is actually relatively simply. The trick is to make sure that the items you have coming out of your box are still love enough that they don't go above the highest point of the card when it's standing up. You don't want to go outside the boundaries or it won't fit in an envelope.

I don't own any of the Botanical Bloooms suite. I have SO many flowers that I couldn't justify it. I still can't justify the stamps. But the dies are growing on me. I have samples of the paper from a share we did.

The butterfly is cut out of white scrap, then sponged with Cajun Craze & Daffodil Delight.

Now please hop back to the VC Rocks main page and check out what the other participants have created.

9 comments:

Loni said...

Great project Tania!

Krafting Karen said...

Love it! I've been wanting to make a box card for some time now. Thanks for

the inspiration!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

I really need to make a box card. I love the ones I've see, just keep forgetting to try to make one.TFS!

Theresa Lukes said...

Cute Project. I love the butterfly.

Anonymous said...

Those cards are really time consuming! Thanks for sharing and all the time!
Anita

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

These boxes are so much fun! I love how you decorated yours!

Mary Grauel said...

This card may inspire me to try a box card. Great project!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

I love box cards...so much that it justified my recent purchase of a box card die! Love your flowers!!

Kim P said...

Box cards intimidate me, but I am tempted to try one. I love these fresh colors!
I agree about flower stamps. I have so many. But all the dies that are coming out are calling my name!