Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day 12

Editor's note: This card actually would have been live last night had I hit 'Publish' rather than 'Save'. Aaargh. 

------
Today is a bittersweet day. My Boo is gone; mom, dad & Boo start their Alaska cruise today. Then, after the cruise they're heading home via the US. So no more seeing my girl until we Skype again in a few weeks. 

Despite that melancholy, I had a relatively good day. My allergies seemed to be back with a vengeance in the morning. I ended up sleeping in and getting to church late, and thus couldn't get a wheelchair-safe parking spot. So home I came to do some proof-reading for a friend. Then I continued the never-ending task of attempting to finally catch up on my email. 

Went to a lovely book launch at a friend's house in the late afternoon. It was good to see some old friends  and meet some new people. And the hosts cooked us a fantastic meal. I got home around 8:00 and I was surprisingly tired.

Today's card is one I made at the former Scrapbookin' Adventures store. They always did great card classes. Luckily, Bianca, who taught the card classes, is teaching at a new store. She and a friend opened up an online venture a few months after SA closed its doors here. SA is also doing online sales, too, but their focus is on kits. 

But I digress. Here is the card. The reason I didn't post it when I made it in 2014 is that I hadn't yet decided if i was going to colour the image. I had originally thought I'd leave it uncolored, to go more with a 'vintage sketch' notion, but the more I looked at the hat, the more I determined I needed to colour it. And then I decided if I was going to colour the hat, I had to colour the scarf and his arms. So I found my Tombows (after spending 15 minutes going through all the drawers, I discovered they were right in front of my nose, on the shelf. Yay me. Aargh.) and gave Frosty a bit of colour. 

I may yet add some Wink of Stella or some other form of glitter on the snowman.. I can't decide if that would be too much. Note that the stamped image is all one stamp, and it was embossed with VersaMark & covered in an antique-y gold embossing powder. 

The patterned papers are either Simple Stories, I think. 


No comments: