Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Day 1 - Happy Canada Day

As stated in my last post, I'm going to try a Christmas in July theme for my blog this month.

Today is Canada Day, so I wanted something that was all red and white. I thought I had a card I made that looked like Santa, and I can't find it. So I've either A)already blogged it and sent it; B)Sent it and forgot to blog it; or C)Put it away somewhere that I shouldn't have. The sad thing is that any of those options are possible where I'm concerned.

I had a relaxing Canada Day. It was too hot to make a card. And truthfully, I am still putting my stuff back in order after the swap I did recently. So I found a card I made a while ago that I never finished. Here it is... it hits on the Santa/red and white theme, but it has a pop of green, too.


Admittedly, I blogged the unfinished version back in 2013.  You can see it here. As I'm looking at the current version, I'm realizing I did forget to colour Santa's belt. And I had planned to do something to his beard and the snow... Darn... that;s ok. As I look at the original post, I see that I made a set of cards that day using this paper pad and all of them needed finishing up. This one, in fact, was the most complete because it had a sentiment on it. The rest didn't, though they do now. I may well finish colouring this one and them repost the whole group again on the last day of this month of blogging.

Card Details
Stamps: Jolliest Time of the Year
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: My Mind's Eye Christmas Stack, SU Cardstock (Real Red, Certainly Celery)
Other: SU Markers in Real Red, Basic Black 

1 comment:

Margie Higuchi said...

Happy Belated Canada Day! Since it's America's birthday, I decided that I needed to clean up my studio too - lol! Great holiday card - thinking I also need to start on them. Thanks for the reminder :)