Friday, June 26, 2015

June Blog Hop

It's time for the June 2015 VC Rocks Blog Hop!

This summer VC Rocks is celebrating its 15th Anniversary as a summertime online gathering place for those who love Stampin' Up! products.  So all of our blog hops will be a Celebration.  For June 2015, the theme of the Hop is:  CELEBRATE THE NEW.

Today I'm featuring some cards that I made while crafting at a friend's house. She's a demo & a few of us get together once a month to make cards. Sometimes we shop and sometimes we just pay $5 to cover the cost of her supplies. This time, I shopped. That said, for this hop, I used her stamps, and I only own one of the two sets I'm featuring today - though I will be getting the second one at some point! LOL.

 The first card didn't photograph well. I wanted to take the picture standing up so you could see the fold. I think this fold is called a Z fold and I would love to do a Make  & Take of it for VC Rocks if folks are interested. I do own the set (Butterfly Basics) and the framelits. Love it!  Thee verse is especially gorgeous. I think I'll use it as an encouragement card.


This card also has a unique fold and it features the Sprinkles of Life set. I don't own it yet, but I will be ordering it soon. I love that part of the proceeds from its sale goes to Ronald McDonald House. And in general, it's a great, versatile set. It also goes really well with the Cherry On Top DSP (not pictured) and washi tape, which I used here. And are the new In Colors fantastic or what?


Thanks for looking today! Hop on over to VC Rocks to see what else folks are posting!

Now that summer is here, I will have time to start sharing all the cards I've made over the past six months. I look forward to posting more!

Card Details

Butterfly card
Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Whisper WIte
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Blackberry Bliss, Garden Green
Other: SU Ribbon, framelits

Birthday card
Stamps: Sprinkles of Life
Cardstock: Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White, Soft Suede, Mint Macaron, Very Vanilla 
Inks: Mint Macaron, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Watermelon Wonder, Hello Honey
Other: Sprinkles of Life washi tape, Tree Builder punch, Tag Topper punch 

8 comments:

Krafting Karen said...

love the folding card, and I see another great Sprinkles of Life card. Such a
wonderful stamp set. Thanks for sharing your great artwork!

Tory said...

Great cards. I NEED Butterfly Basics.

Loni said...

Terrific pair of cards! Now I want an ice cream cone.

Unknown said...

Great cards! I tried to make a fold similar to yours, but couldn't quite get it right. You did!

Terri said...

Great cards, Tania! And we always welcome MnT's! Thanks for participating in our blog hop!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous! Both cards are so pretty, but I love the butterfly one for many reasons - love the fold, the colors, the sentiment - you get it. I love everything about it. Can't wait to try that fold.

Beantown Grasshopper said...

Both cards are great. I like folded one probably because of the colors but the other one is great because who doesn't like a treat?

Theresa Lukes said...

Cute Card! I really like how you used the scalloped punch to close the card.