Monday, March 10, 2014

Sailing On With a Masculine Card





I'm a wee bit grumpy today, I decided I would do a challenge to try to alleviate my bad mood. My day actually started out not too badly. I made some progress on some technology issues I've been trying to sort out. Ran in to a friend and had lunch with her a the mall. But I also had a dentist appointment, which is never fun. My jaw's been sore all day and I didn't even have much done. 

The weekend was lovely though... since I don't have my wifi working, but I do have unlimited texting, a friend & I were texting back & forth last night as we were watching a show we both enjoy. I swear no matter how old I get, it'll always be more fun for TV/movies and the like to be a shared experience. 

And earlier on in the weekend, a friend came by and we got a whole bunch of stuff organized. I'm ready to get new shelves in the right side of my closet. That's going to make my stash so much more manageable. Once we were done, we popped over to the scrapbook store. I actually didn't get anything, but she did (I'd decided I should wait, as I couldn't remember how much my dentist appointment was going to be). And while she was shopping I got to see a friend's new baby. Siigh. 

Well, I am getting tired, so I'm going to crawl into bed & listen to some SportsTalk Radio. The Canucks managed to blow another game tonight so I'm sure people are furious. 

This card is for two challenges. I wanted to do something spring-y again. One of the challenges called for getting inspiration from a song or movie/book. At first I was going to skip it completely. Then I was sorting through my box of card images & kits and saw the sailboat. That immediately resulted in the strains on both Lionel Richie/The Commodores singing Sail On, and Christopher Cross singing Sailing Away. These two songs don't make as good a mashup as you might think. ;)

The image panel uses reverse masking to get the sky coloured.

Check out the challenges here: 
The Friday Mash Up - Masculine/stitches or sewing/masculine with stitches or sewing
Sweet Stampin: Inspired by a song, movie or book


Card Details - All Products Stampin Up
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Basic Grey
Stamps: Unknown
Other: Brads






7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very nice birthday card!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Oh, I love the sponging background you created behind the sailboat- so realistic. Thanks for sharing your card and weekend with the Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

Very nice masculine birthday card, love the ship scene you created!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

P.S. Now I have 'Sailing Away' stuck in my head LOL

Pia Larsen said...

Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Pia xx

Sarah Souza said...

Nicely done! TFS!

Sandra said...

Lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.
xxx

Kristie said...

Wonderful card!! I really like the background you created for the sailboat. Nice job on the piercing too, I haven't mastered how to get mine neat and even like yours.