This year, it'll be the first day of my attempt at the '100 projects in 100 days' challenge on Splitcoast. I'm also going to challenge myself to cut way, way back on sugar/sweets starting on the 6th. It just feels like time. I'm ready to commit to healthier living and moderation.
This first set of cards was one I made ages ago. I've looked back at old blog posts, because I was sure I'd already posted them, but I can't find them. For a while there, a few years ago, I was in a swap group where four of us each took a turn and sent out a kit to each member. We'd all make a card for each person and mail it to them... it was all about seeing the different ways people could put together the same materials I loved these little Penny Black hedgehogs.The image wasn't stamped on watercolour paper, so I was reluctant to try a blender pen. That said, as you can see, I wasn't happy with how the hedgie looked fully coloured. I didn't particularly care for him with the white body, but it was still better than the alternative. That said, had I been thinking, I could've used pencil crayon to make his front lighter.
Today I had 4 friends over and we spent time playing with paper. The first, most important thing I did was finally get my Stampin' Up cardstock organized the way I want it. I'll have a picture tomorrow; I forgot my batteries were in need of a charge. I have a really good stash of cardstock and I have no excuses to buy anymore for a while.
I also made some cards, so I would have a wee bit of a head start when the 100 day count starts on Monday. For now, though, I was looking on my computer and I found some cards I've never blogged for some reason. I'm going to post them over the next couple days.Then on the weekend I'll post some scrapbook pages.
This second card was just something quick I came up with on a Tuesday evening, summer of 2012, at the scrapbook store. I remember that it was a Tuesday because the street market was on. The store was right next to the place where the market happened, so they stayed open late those nights. I just needed something quick and easy to invite the youth in our church to an event we were having. Our church doesn't have too many youth; I only had to make about 15 of these. They came together really quickly, as the campfire was made using the Cricut.
Cardstock: Stampin' Up, Bazzill
DSP: Echo Park
Stamps: Penny Black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DSP: Bo Bunny