Friday, May 18, 2012

VC Rocks Blog Hop!

I'm very happy to be back posting on my blog again. I'm particularly excited that my first post is a stop on the VC Rocks Blog Hop. You should have arrived here from Angela's blog. If you didn't, you can go back to the VC Rocks homepage. There are many talented stampers taking part this weekend and you won't want to miss any of them. Of course, you can also just start from here and go all the way around. I'll have a link to the next stop on the hop at the bottom of this post.


The theme of this hop is 'Have a Heart.' Each of us had to use at least one heart somewhere on our project. I have two projects for you this time. The first is an altered journal I made a few days ago. My demo had a customer appreciation night and this was the project we made. It was so much fun to see how different each of us made our books.
 

I wasn't sure what I was going to use the book for when I heard we'd be doing this project. Since then, I've realized how nice it will be to have a book I can carry with me to keep track of shopping lists. I'll note what I want and mark off when I buy it. I came to the conclusion that would be a good idea today, when I realized I have somehow managed to purchase two Concord Crush ink pads. I like the colour, but not that much! LOL.


The second project I have is a card. I decided to make a card because I remembered that a lovely couple from church is having their wedding anniversary this weekend. I also wanted to get back in the swing of things, challenge-wise. This card is for the following challenges:

VC Rocks - Doodling
Late Night Stampers -  Paper, Glorious Paper
Pile It On - Clean and Simple

Materials used - all products Stampin' Up

Altered Journal
DSP: Beau Chateau
Ribbon: Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta. Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon,  
Other: On Board Journal, Side notes

Card
Cardstock Pink Pirouette, Lucky Limeade
DSP: Cheerful Treat
Stamps: Always, Perfectly Penned

Now hop on over to Robbie's blog to continue the hop! Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Brenda said...

Great projects Tania. Loved both of them. Your notebook really caught my eye.

Krafting Karen said...

Wonderful projects. Love the card layout! Thanks for sharing your "heart work"

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Beautiful projects with lovely colours!

Patrice H said...

Great idea about the notebook! I have a friends B-Day coming up and I will just have to make her one tfs! Your card is lovely also Tania.

Jonia said...

Oh my I love the journal and I love the card! Thanks for playing with us at LNS!

MJ said...

Great idea to use the notebook for a shopping list. I have to admit I have bought things again after buying them earlier too! I love your card too--very sweet, I am sure they will really love it.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Great projects, love the notebook, one can always use a little notebook for helping remember things.

Elizabeth said...

Both card and journal are so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Janice said...

Two great projects, love the colors and the notebook looks like a lot of fun to use.

creations by jackie said...

What a cute idea, love them both

inkedx2 said...

Great gift set! Love that little journal.

Carey said...

These are both great work. I love them



Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

K Clark said...

love your CAS card. thanks for joining us at Pile it on - Kimberly DT

Chris Occhipinti said...

Love these! Your card had beautiful colors and the journal is really pretty...and the ribbons! Wonderful work!

Mary Davidson said...

Your notebook is so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration. Your card is lovely, as well.

Kimber said...

Beautiful!!! Love the journal!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

TFS! Love the journal and the card!

Kym said...

Beautiful projects!

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Love the colors that you used for both projects. The shopping list is a great idea. I can't tell you how many items I have multiples of and not on purpose.