Monday, May 30, 2011

Kit cards, camping and a coronation....

First, some cards, so that the readers who are really only interested in cards can see what they come here for.

I am in another kit swap, where each month, the hostess sends out a kit with stamped images, patterned paper and embellishments. She also makes a sample card using the kit contents. There are groups that are Stampin' Up only and groups that are any vendor. I chose to be in one of each group. To make it easier for us postage-wise, the person who is in charge of the swap made separate groups for Canadian and USA stampers.


I was the May hostess. Here's the card I made. I did give the other girls ribbon. I intended to use it on the 'seam' between the two patterned papers. But I forgot. And by the time I clued in, I wasn't going to take it apart to change it. I didn't colour Senor Froggie (for some reason I always refer to this stamp as Senor Froggie. Yeah, I'm weird) because I couldn't decide what colour to make him. There actually ARE brown frogs.

Details - all products SU
Cardstock: Handsome Hunter
Stamps: Unfrogettable
Patterned paper: Woodland Park

Here are the cards I created with the April kit, created by the very talented Heather. I can't give you the details on the stamps and paper yet as I can't find the sheet with the info. I will see if Heather can remember.

I will share my cards from the any vendor group when I finish up a couple things. I need to mail them by Tuesday so by Tuesday night I should be ready to blog them.


Over the past week or so I haven't had too much crafting time as I've been busy with youth related things. I am program coordinator for a youth floor hockey league and two of children in our program were involved in our Empire Days celebration on the weekend of May 20-24. B was crowned May Queen. She is such a sweet girl; I've known her for years. 

Here she is making her speech just after officially being named May Queen. The boy behind her, C.,  is the other child who plays floor hockey. He is in grade 4 and he is one of two 'pages.' B. is in gr. 7.


At the parade....

I spent Friday night and Saturday at a GEMS retreat.  Picture 8 adult women and 24 girls, age 7-12, all together,  playing on the beach, going to the park, doing crafts and worshipping God through devotiosn and song. It got loud at times and boy was it fun! We've been known to call it 'camping, but really... we sleep inside. The closest we got to camping is making S'mores at the fire pit on Friday night, and doing hot dogs over the fire pit for dinner on Saturday. I missed Saturday dinner, as I had to leave at lunch time. In fact, have never made it to where the fire, because I can't make it there with my wheelchair. The girls are always very good to me and bring me S'mores. I did go to the park on the Friday night. 

The main house, with a view of the ocean in the background... there are 2 other cabins. This year was our second time doing our year end retreat here.


A view of the beach from the back of the main house....gorgeous.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Great cards and wonderful photos.

Heather B said...

Tania! Those cards are gorgeous!!! The stamp set is Merci (it's retired) and the paper is Raspberry Lemonade (I think). The cards look fab!

Ally said...

Lovely cards

The Mama Monkey said...

What a neat swap!! I love both of the cards!! Heather answered the questions...she is the SU Queen for the day!