Friday, September 10, 2010

Black/vibrant colour swap...

There was another great swap on Splitcoast recently... the only criteria was that the card be mostly black, with just a splash of colour. It turned out to be much more difficult that I had thought it would be. I'm not nearly as happy with this as I'd hoped. At first I was going to try a one layer card, but none of the inks I had were going to be visible on the black paper. It's hard to see in the picture, but the green ink on the green paper did look pretty cool. In future I'd use black ink for the sentiment though (it says 'my heart is with you'')
In the end I got inspiration from a card I saw in the Splitcoast gallery that I really liked:
Card details:

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Basic Black and Green Galore
Ink: Green Galore
Stamps: Love It, Small Sayings
Punch: Stampin' Up Modern Label punch

1 comment:

KER said...

i like the green galore on the black...really pops...if you had an apple stamp that would be cool too