Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lovebug Blog Hop


Welcome to Lovebug Scrapbooking's "INSIPRE US" blog hop! Our blog hops take place on the last Saturday of every month. Thanks so much for joining us!

If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking place, please go back to Lovebug Scrapboooking http://www.lovebugscrapbooking.wordpress.com/ and start the Hop. You won't want to miss all the inspiration from our members.... or the prizes!!!

Our theme for March is EASTER.I have to admit the theme unnerved me a bit. Although we celebrated Easter growing up, it isn't a holiday I particularly associate with crafting.

My Easter tradition involved dying eggs the night before Easter, getting up the next day to see what Da Bunny left me, (I was an only child until age 12 - and a disabled child that the doctors kept thinking wouldn't make it to 12, to boot - so I got a tad spoiled every holiday), then church, then a family dinner.


Most years my aunt would give me a Bunnykins figurine. I told ya I was spoiled. (As to whether/how much I'm still spoiled, I plead the Fifth.... we'll just ignore the fact that I'm not American). I think a few of my bunnies may still be at my parents' house, but most of my favorites are here now. They come out every March and stay until May. I would keep them up all year if I had enough space.

I think my favorite is the rabbit rubbing her eye. I couldn't get a good close up; the mantel I have them on is just a bit too high.


I have a few other cute Easter decorations I had planned to post, but I think I will leave them until later in the weekend.


Now, because this blog hop is connected to a scrapbook store, I can't in good conscience end this post without anything paper craft related. The problem is I have not scrapped ANY of my easter photos. I just find it a difficult holiday to scrap. I can never find patterned papers I like. And that's without even thinking about whether they would suit my photos.


I do, however, have a card I can share. When I started stamping in 2007 (?), I was SURE I would make Easter cards.


Since that time, I have made one. That's it. Exactly ONE.

This one right here. And I made it a few years ago at a Stampin' Up party I hosted. Our wonderful demo Susan did all the prep for us, so there was oh, zero work involved.



I loved making it so much that since then I have acquired two sets that would be perfect for Easter cards:

I absolutely HAD to have these sets when I saw them. I was convinced that they would be perfect for cards.... and since then... nothin'. I just can't get inspired. They seem too 'cute' an occasion as serious as Easter somehow - especially to use with my church friends.


So that is your challenge, gentle blog readers. Inspire me... tell what you'd do with these stamps to get my mojo going. I'll do a random prize draw, likely involving at least one card made with each of these sets.


Two other ways to get your name in the draw.... 2) start following my blog; and 2) share with us your favorite Easter memory/tradition.


This blog hop will run from March 27th (today) until March 30th. We will be drawing for winners on March 31.


Follow along on our blog hop. Your next stop will be the final one of the journey... Carla's blog at http://www.myscrappyness.blogspot.com/


15 comments:

Colleen said...

Love the stamp with the bunny in the basket. You could add a little grass to it and a cute little bow. You do know you can use your stamps on your layouts as well :)

My favorite tradition is making egg candles with my kids and seeing the different colors they wanted.

Unknown said...

I can see using the bottom set on tags for little treat boxes? I think it would be cute! LOVE those little figurines, Tania! Do you have them on display all year long?

Followed you blog -- I enjoy your writing :-) It's like I'm right there with you having a chat. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love the stamp with the flowerpot, birds & butterflies. You could make a beautiful, non-cutesy card with that. Cover a cardfront with two coordinating papers, put a ribbon down the middle. Stamp, color & mount the image and place over the ribbon. Include a simple Happy Easter sentiment on the bottom front & a Bible verse or sentiment on the inside. Hope this helps some. :-)

Margo said...

Oh - the bunny in the basket is so... adorable!
I would use him to make bag toppers, to put on top of little cellophane bags filled with easter eggs! Who wouldn't love a treat like that on Easter!!!
My fav. Easter memory is my dad drawing us funny clues to find our Easter treats all over the farm!!

Fignie said...

They are so cute!!! The cards are great! I can see why you wanted the stamps!

Stephanie said...

Love the card! I would use the stamps on a calendar set for the month of April. My fav. Easter memory is having egg hunts at my grandmas with all my cousins.

Saxon and Jaedyn said...

Very sweet figurines and great card!!! They are all so cute. The stamps are adorable..after seeing those I definately need some easter stamps!

My fav memory is going to church and then coming home and racing my brothers around the house trying to find the most eggs!!!

Linda said...

Those are great stamps.

My favorite tradition is last easter when we took the kids on a family trip. We were in a hotel at easter morning. I had gotten up in the middle of the night and put clues around the room of where they could find their treats from the easter bunny. The kids were sooooo surprised that morning that the easter bunny found them there!!! lol

Melissa said...

That stamp with the little butterfly and bird would be perfect to use with some flower soft... are you familiar with that stuff.. If not, it's cool! if you are.. it would really look great with that stamp.

Wanita said...

I like the last two stamps but my favorite is the bunny :) It would look great stamped in a medium brown ink (close to cocoa) and matted with light brown cs (creamy caramel). Then put that on a green cs (old olive) and use dark brown (chocolate chip) for the base. Ribbon in yellow (more mustard) or orange (pumpkin pie) to add a pop of color. Hmmm...now I'm hungry and want to make Easter cards...lol.

Carissa said...

My cousin collected bunnikins and she had this giant bunnikin I wanted. It was so cute. I love the ones of the 2 in the bed.

You could stamp them and color them in with shimmerz, I'm all about the bling.

I don't really have any easter traditions, but doing an easter egg hunt. This year I'll prob go to church too.

joni said...

I just loved your figurines! I love the bunny in the basket! I have some SU stamps and hardly ever use them....need to find some mojo too! TFS!!

Angel said...

Very cute stamps. I like the gift tag idea. You could also use them for a just saying 'hello' card or 'spring has sprung' card. The easter tradition I'm really enjoying is one I started with my kids. The easter bunny, each year, makes them play a game or put together a puzzle to find all their treats. This year, the easter bunny is leading each kid on their own scavenger hunt.

miagb said...

Great stamps. Everyone has some great ideas on how to use them

Lizzy Simpson said...

Tanya, I'd just copy the card you already made, but using the different stamps. It will be quick and easy - stamp the image, layer it on 2-3 pieces of different-coloured cardstock, and stick a flower or ribbon or button on the card, and voila! Done!!!

My favourite memory is looking for my Easter basket when I was a child - it was always hidden somewhere, and was always so much fun to find. One year it was outside by the well, and another year it was in the hallway at my grandparent's apartment. So much fun, especially the years we were at my grandparents. My grandfather was always so excited when I was looking for the goodies that he would give me all sorts of hints and practically tell me where it was, just because he couldn't take the suspense, LOL!

Lizzy
lizzy.simpson@gmail.com