Friday, June 8, 2012

One butterfly two ways

I finally got a little bit of stamping done today. I got 3 cards made, 2 of which I'll post tonight and one that will go live tomorrow night. I'd hoped to get a bit more done when I was at the scrapbook store today, but between visiting with my friend, oogling the new Fancy Pants, Echo Park, and Bo Bunny that arrived, and attempting to organize my cardstock, I decided I should be happy with three.

It's a busy time right now; I'm involved in a great project called Youth Sticking Together as one of the adult mentors. The kids are trying to break the record for the World's Longest Street Hockey game. So many final details to put in place! Between that, work, and the disaster area that is my craft supplies, not much has been done in the past few weeks. I looked through my photos and it turns out I've made lots of cards and finished lots of layouts since January - I've just not gotten around to posting them. The nice thing about that is as summer hits, and it's too hot to scrapbook, I'll still have things to post.

That said, without further ado, I give you two of the cards I made today. 

The first one is for the latest Card Patterns sketch. I realized I had no buttons, so I borrowed a few Primas from my friend. And then I realized neither of us had the right brads for the centre. So I figured when I got home I'd add rhinestones or pearls in the centre. Which would be a fabulous idea, if I had even the foggiest recollection of where we decided to store them when my friend Carol was here about a month ago, helping me get ready for the garage sale at the scrapbook store. I have a feeling we stored them in the same basket as either my Cuttlebug folders (which my real life friends who remember my panic a while back will be pleased to know I have NOT lost!) or my ribbon.  Luckily my Stickles were exactly where I remembered us putting them. After I stamped the butterfly I didn't like all the white areas in the wings so I just filled them in with Stickles. Next time I may take Carol's advice and do the main butterfly in black, then fill it in with my H2Os or my markers.


And this one, for Sketchbook Saturday Challenge. I found this came together much easier than the top card. One thing I loved about today was that I didn't have the exact colours of SU cardstock I needed to actually match the dsp, but the ones I did have worked well enough anyway. I know they aren't perfect, and I'm sure some of my card making friends would notice, but the people to whom I will be giving these will not care at all. So often I find that we as crafters are harder on ourselves than the people to whom we give our creations.


Card Details:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade and ??? (all SU)
DSP: Greenhouse Gala (SU)
Stamps: Butterfly (Inkadinkado); Sentiment: (SU Heard from the Heart - retired)
Ink: Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate chip
Other: Twine, Stickles

1 comment:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love the watercolour effect on the butterflies, very artistic!!